Learn how to effectively prevent and respond to water emergencies with the American Red Cross lifeguard training. Our courses are designed to arm you with the skills and knowledge to prepare you for a variety of scenarios in and around the water. With our lifeguard training, you will learn how quick response times and effective preparation are vital to being a lifeguard while also understanding the crucial elements in helping to prevent drownings and injuries.
Your health and safety are important to us, so we have added health and safety modifications to our classes and activities based on Minnesota Department of Health guidelines:
- each participant will be given access to online content to limit in-person contact to skill-based learning and training
- participants screen prior to participating in CER Aquatics programming - if any signs of COVID-19 appear participants need to remain at home and monitor for further symptoms
- all participants are required to wear a face covering - face covering can be removed once participants enter the pool deck
- participants wash hands and rinse off prior to entering the pool deck
- Individuals will be given specific and individual times to perform individual skills
Participants will be emailed screening protocols and a video explaining how to enter the building, check-in procedures, and an overview of online and in-person content.
Fewer than 5 spots left